We all love to eat kebabs, be it vegetarian kebabs or non-vegetarian kebabs. Today I will share with you the recipe of a very delicious kebab, that is chicken gilafi kebab. Gilaf means cover and thus Gilafi means covering . So Gilafi Kebab means a kebab with a covering. These Kebab are gilaf or covered by chopped coloured bell pepper or capsicum and onion. If you want, you can skip using onion here. I did not use onion.
It is cooked in an Ovalclay Tandoor or BBQ or in Oven or you can shallow fry in tawa using less oil. I made chicken gilafi kebab on tawa with less oil. These kebabs are generally considered as a healthy food as they are not deep fried, less amount of oil is used to make them.
how to make chicken gilafi kebab.
First we will mince the chicken pieces . You can buy a ready made chicken mince but it is always good to use a self minced chicken. Take boneless chicken pieces in a mixer grinder and mix with garlic, ginger and Indian aromatic spices to make chicken paste.
chop the bell peppers or capsicum finely. After wet your hand in cold water. Take the chicken minced kebab mixture and roll it in evenly in cylinderical shape. Roll this chicken kebab in the capsicum mixture, to cover it entirely. Turn on the flame, in a grill pan add oil and shallow fry both the sides. Serve it with coriander pudina chutney and onion.
More Chicken Recipes
- 12 Kebab Chini
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 1 Mace
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 6 Cloves
- 500 grams Boneless Chicken
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 2 Cheese Cubes
- 1 Green Capsicum
- 1 Red Capsicum
- 1 Yellow Capsicum
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Oil as required
- First take all the ingredients of Gilafi Powder and dry roast them on tawa.
- Then add in a grinder and make a fine powder.
- Add chicken pieces, garlic cloves, ginger, green chilies, coriander powder, fried onion, chaat masala, cream, cheese cubes and salt.
- Grind to make a fine paste.
- Wet hands with water.
- Taking few chicken mixture and shaping into small sheekh kebab.
- Finely chop green, red and yellow capsicum or bellpepper.
- Add all the bellpepper in a plate and coat the kebab with chopped bellpepper.
- Add oil, fry the kebab on low flame.
- Fry until both the sides are golden brown colour.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice and chaat masala.
- Serve with coriander and pudina chutney.